[Discuss] Small Linux server recommendation?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Feldman
>
> While Dell does make decent consumer grade
> PCs, I still question their servers. The HP ProLiant (eg. Compaq) has a
> long history of stability. The DL 380 is a real low end workhorse.

About 10 years ago I thought Compaq servers were good.  But in the last 6
years, I have consistently had the opposite experience from what Jerry
describes here...  All the HP/Compaq servers and laptops that I've messed
around with have been regretful experiences.

I'm not saying Dell is the greatest thing on the face of the earth.  But as
long as you keep 'em in warranty and don't stray too far outside of the
supported OS platforms, they're what I usually prefer to use.