[Discuss] power supply for a xeon server

I ran into this a few months ago where I was replacing a power supply.
My MB required a 24-pin (which can also be a 20+4), an 8-pin AND a
4-pin. The new 600W power supplies I bought did not have the 4pin. I
returned the first power supply and bought a different brand. I actually
opened it up in the store, and I saw the 4-pin, but when I got home it
was a 20+4. I ended up with Antec Earthwatts that had the 3 separate
connections. My motherboard is a Tyan Thunder
http://www.tyan.com/product_board_detail.aspx?pid=163
I think this is my board, and you will see both the 24pin, on the right
with a 4-pin to the left of it. The 8-pin is on the bottom center.
At the time I was unaware that these power supplies were different. In
any case the power supply I ended up with, Antec Earthwatts, has all the
necessary connectors.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix