[Discuss] strange behaviour

Hello Dan,

Files that have been deleted but are still open to at least one process
can cause exactly this behavior. They don't show up in "du" because there
are no longer directory entries for the files. But some process is holding
on to the file, so the space cannot be freed. Killing the process using
that file (as you did by rebooting) takes care of the problem.

Nathan