Relevance of PGP?

Isaac Asimov had a famous short story with that title.
I hadn't heard of Phillip K. Dick using the title.

Asimov's story was about a history professor who was
obsessed with ancient Carthage, and he was denied use
of the government's time viewer to do his research. He
then recruited a young physics professor to figure out
how to build their own viewer, and they eventually
discovered that the government program was a fraud,
and that a time view can only see up to a century into
the past. Set it to one second in the past, and it becomes
the ultimate surveillance tool.

Is this the story you're thinking of, or did Phillip K. Dick
also use the title "The Dead Past" for one of his stories?