Relevance of PGP?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> This is exactly what Alex is on about.  We, in general, see strong
> encryption as something for a select few purposes rather than something for
> all purposes.  Using strong crypto has been given the stigma of being a
> necessary evil -- something used by criminals and terrorists, and oh!
> incidentally our on-line shopping -- when it is really a fundamental right
> (cf. Amendment IV and Amendment V).

On my ride home today I was listening to a security podcast that had a
lawyer from the EFF on as a guest.  They discussed search and seizure laws
and your rights on using encryption technologies.  They discussed Amendment
IV and Amendment V issues.

It was PaulDotCom Episode 243 there's a link to the video version of the
show on the show's wiki page.
  http://pauldotcom.com/wiki/index.php/Episode243

--
David