[Discuss] Happy World IPv6 Day to everyone

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Blake Parker wrote:

> The attached .PDF may be interesting to some.
>
> *On June 8, more than 100 Web companies will work with ISPs and
> content-delivery networks to conduct the first globalscale
> trial of IPv6.
> The Internet Society, an international
>
> nonprofit organization that advises on Web standards, policy and education,
> has
>
> declared June 8 World IPv6 Day to give enterprises and ISPs a chance to
> ?stress
>
> test? the next-generation Internet protocol to see what works, what breaks
> and
>
> what they need to do to seamlessly migrate their networks to IPv6. It?s also
>
> wake-up call that it?s time to upgrade the World Wide Web.

Note: Red Hat is participating in this as well, and is sponsoring a special
Fedora Test Day, specifically for IPv6:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Day:2011-06-08_IPv6

The preference is for testing to be done with fully up-to-date Fedora 15
installs, but there's also a live CD option.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com