[Discuss] firefox 4 is a memory hog

    Matthew> It doesn't really matter how much memory I have (4G) , my
    Matthew> point is that the memory usage was a factor of *10* higher
    Matthew> than it should have been, and that the bloat happened while
    Matthew> I wasn't even interacting with it.  Adding more memory to
    Matthew> deal with a process that just eats all available memory
    Matthew> (which is what appears to be happening; my large swap
    Matthew> partition was fully in use before I kill FF) doesn't solve
    Matthew> anything.

This was my experience with Firefox, too.  I went from 1G to 4G, and it
took a couple of days longer to fill up the memory, but it still
happened.

I solved the problem by switching to chrome for my browser.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know
that World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Einstein