[Discuss] Home backup disks: USB vs NAS

I was thinking the same thing about local network speed.  If you have good
CAT5 or better
you can run gig over copper.  The first thing you need is a proper speed
switch and put
all your ethernet into it.  If you have your router to the outside you want
to keep, that is
OK, just plug it into the gigabit switch.

I haven't since my entire house (rented and very old) is wireless.  On
devices or areas where
I do wired only I have a 'game adapter' (wifi in, ethernet out) usually
direct, one place through
a small switch (on a desktop).

Wireless has it's convenience, but I still like wires for a symbolance of
security.

Just a thought.