[Discuss] Distribution that tests printing

Can someone recommend a distribution for people who use printing
intensively?

In general I like Ubuntu, but they have a fairly long history of
screwing up printing, and 11.10 seems particularly bad for my purposes.

One of the things I do with my desktop computer is print out music that
I've transcribed for my group to play, and in general I'm printing at 7
for a 7:30 rehearsal, and it's a nuisance when the computer doesn't do
what I tell it to.

I need duplexing to work, the normal lpr options (e.g. -#) to work, and
large files to print without complaining.  Rocket science is in fact
very like all of this, but the rocket science was done at least 20 years
ago, so it should still work, if anyone bothered to test it when they
fiddled with it.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Try to leave out the part that readers tend to skip.

Elmore Leonard / AARP magazine, August, 2009