All-in-one touch screen computers

I see there are a bunch of All-in-one touch screen computers on the
market now. HP seemed to lead this trend, but now Dell, Gateway, Asus,
and MSI have similar models.

Structurally they're like a laptop built-in to a large screen, plus
touch navigation. Potentially a good fit for someone who wants a
semi-portable machine, but with a bigger screen than is practical for a
laptop. Probably a good "family" computer.

I'm wondering how well the touch screens are supported by Linux.
Presumably it'll just look like a mouse to the OS, so it shouldn't be
anything out of the ordinary. But are there any distributions that are
well tuned for (big) touch screen navigation?

Would installing Linux on such a machine take away most of the advantage
to the touch screen? (These machines typically come bundled with things
like photo viewing apps and the like that are purposely designed for
touch screen interaction.)

Anyone tried Linux on one of these?

 -Tom

--