Las Vegas firm buys Unix...

Bill Horne wrote:
| On 04/13/2011 05:43 PM, edwardp-jjFNsPSvq+iXDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org wrote:
| > http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Las-Vegas-company-buys-Unix-apf-2422952490.html?x=0&.v=2
| >
| > ...from a bankrupt Utah company.
| >
| Does this mean that SCO is, at last, finally, really, sincerely, dead?
| Stake-in-the-heart, garlic-around-the-neck, killed-with-a-silver-bullet
| dead?
|
| Bill "One can only hope" Horne

Well, maybe. But what it really means is that the new pseudo-owner of "unix",
who has already said they'll sue VMware, will also file suit against assorted
linux vendors.  The courts will treat  this  as  a  new  lawsuit,  and  won't
consider any of the SCO stuff as applicable precedent.  So the new cases will
drag on as long as the SCO cases did.  Then, when it's about to be decided by
the court, another sale will be made ...

--
   _'
 <:#/>  John Chambers