ebooks and pdf?

    >> I think it's a pretty simple conversion between epub and html, so I'm
    >> assuming it's likely there will be programs that can read it for the
    >> forseeable future.
    >>
    >> If I did get paranoid about that, I could have calibre convert all my
    >> epubs to html.  So far I haven't done that.
    >>

    Jerry> Why not run a test and see which format you prefer.

I think with my current display program (FBReader), there's no
difference.  The issue would be if future display programs worked with
one and not the other.  HTML has demonstrated longevity, and the OP was
claiming that epub hasn't yet.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

A traveling horn virtuoso, Barry Tuckwell, was once asked about the
problem of how to practice while traveling and living in hotels. He
replied that he just turned up the TV and practiced because no one
minded the TV being loud!

quoted by RC Walsh on recorder-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw at public.gmane.org