ebooks and pdf?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2011, at 11:57 AM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
>>
>> help some, but probably not enough. ?Since I hoped to read technical
>> publications
>> on my 'book' ?reader, I think I see a tablet of some sort in my future.
>
> Take a look at Kindle DX, the one that's roughly iPad-sized. ?It's actually higher resolution than iPad/iPad2. ?I've found it to be most excellent for reading technical docs, even the PDF ones.

If I'm going to carry something that big/spend that much money, I want
something that isn't basically single purpose.  Also, it also seems
like Amazon may be orphaning the DX (my outsiders impression).
Unfortunately, more general purpose tablets seem to be LCD rather then
e-Ink with considerably worse battery life as a result.  It looks like
I'll wait for now.  Or based on other messages in this thread, sell my
Kindle 3 and finally get a smartphone instead.  If they really work as
well for reading
fiction as a Kindle, I don't see any reason not to carry one less device.

Bill Bogstad