ebooks and pdf?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Laura Conrad <lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On a cheerful note, I was assuming my cheap android phone would be
> useless as an ereader, but I find I've almost stopped taking the Nokia
> 810 on trips where there might be casual reading, because it's so easy
> to whip out the phone and read the free samples I tell Amazon to put on
> it.

+1 for this suggestion. I don't own a Kindle, but I've read several novels
using the Kindle app on my Droid X and it's actually quite comfortable. You
can, of course, adjust brightness, invert colors, and change font sizes to
make it more comfortable.

No doubt the experience with technical books would be much less pleasant.
Simply not enough screen real estate. Supposedly Amazon is working on an
e-reader plugin for browsers that might solve the Linux problem, albeit with
DRM.