CalDAV servers

David Kramer <david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On 04/11/2011 08:41 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> While it might be a little bigger than you're looking for, I run Zarafa.
>> It's included in the Fedora distribution, contains a Web Interface, and
>> can also connect to my Phone via Exchange ActiveSync.  I only use it for
>> Contacts and Calendar.  I don't even have email configured.
>>
>> My wife and I share a calendar this way; she uses it via iCal on her
>> Mac, and we both share it on our phones as well using the Zarafa ical
>> interface and and CalendarSync on our Android phones.
>>
>> I haven't tried connecting SunBird.
>>
>> Apparently they are also working on a CardDAV server, but I haven't seen
>> it yet.
>
> Looks interesting, but according to the product matrix at
> http://www.zarafa.com/content/editions
> the community edition doesn't support shared calendars.  How are you
> doing that?

I'm not using the "Shared Calendar" feature per-se.  The way I did it
was set up a second calendar and give my wife "full permissions" to it.
Then we both access it via ical.  This isn't technically a shared
calendar.  It's a personal calendar with secondary permissions.

Using Zarafa I cannot see both calendars simultaneously (I also have a
personal calendar, which I use mainly for birthday reminders and my work
meetings/calls).  However she can see everything combined in iCal and I
can on my android phone.

-derek

       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available