SpiderOak Woes

Hi Guys,

After seeing the BLU presentation on online backups I decided it was time to
get my act together and start to back up my critical files off-site.  The
only consideration I had was that whichever software I chose needed to be
cross platform (linux, mac and Windows).  I chose Spideroak because the
software met my primary requirement.

I shelled out the $200 for my 200GB of storage and started uploading like
crazy.  About 8 months later my account started to fill up.  Eventually I
started getting messages saying I couldn't back up anything else.  I
followed the directions on how to
free up storage space, but had no luck.

I tried to find a phone number for Spideroak, but had no luck.  I emailed
them instead.  Three days later I got a response saying the best way to
address this situation was to delete my account and recreate it.  They would
move the financial records over so I wouldn't have to pay again.

I emailed them saying this is an adequate solution.  Three more days have
gone by so far and I've heard nothing from them.

This level of customer service isn't really acceptable.  Also, I should have
more control over my files.  Who ever heard of a solution that requires you
to delete your account?!?

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know in case any of you are considering
Spideroak.

--Chris