Android Tablet

Agreed. Today many of us use our laptops as our primary computer. We may use
a docking station at work. Basically I think that the netbooks will pretty
much disappear especially when we can put in more dense storage. Laptops
will continue you many years, but I do see tablets starting to cut into
laptop sales.
On Apr 6, 2011 10:07 AM, "Richard Pieri" <richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>>
>> IMHO, the tablet computers should eventually replace the most of the
>> netbooks and cut into laptop sales.
>
> Oh... I really hope that doesn't happen. Tablets in their current
incarnation are appliances. They're designed as appliances, presented as
appliances, sold as appliances, supported as appliances and maintained as
appliances. They have powerful, sophisticated computers in them but users
aren't expected to interact with those computers. When we do things like
replace the stock OS with a custom version we void the warranties, very much
like we would when replacing the firmware in a microwave oven or car engine
controller.

> Even so, I expect that you're right. Most computer owners don't want
computers. They want appliances. They want devices that work like their
microwave ovens and game consoles. Android and iOS deliver that experience.