Computer died

I read online that 1. Disconnect the 24 pin connector from the MB
2. Short out pins 15 (gnd) anbd 16(power on).
3. Test pins with voltages.
In any case with the power supply connected to the MB I was getting
nothing, not even a fan. The article I read was specific to the 24-pin
ATX 12V power supplies. another thing I did was to change the power
cable. In any case, the multimeter read 0 when connected to ground and
several other oins.