IPv6 and Firewall traversal

Edward Ned Harvey <blu-Z8efaSeK1ezqlBn2x/YWAg at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Second of all, the question I asked has no relation to NAT.  Does anyone
> want to re-read the OP and reply about the firewall rules and allowing of
> inbound traffic on IPv6?

    I am aware of no such protocol effort in v6.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-09
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-16

Per the latter:

   To avoid the need for IPv6 applications to use techniques like STUN
   for opening and maintaining dynamic filter state, something similar
   to NAT-PMP and UPnP-IGD but without actually supporting NAT could
   be deployed.  Alas, no consensus has yet emerged in the Internet
   engineering community as to what is most appropriate for
   residential IPv6 usage scenarios.