Network Solutions

On 03/12/2011 09:28 AM, Mark Woodward wrote:
> How come Godaddy can update your domain records in a matter of minutes
> but Network Solutions still takes 24~48 hours!??
>
> It frustrating.

AFAICT, Network Solutions' business model is to take advantage of
corporate ignorance and pretend that they still have a monopoly on
domain registrations. Most corporations just pay their bill without
questioning it, probably because it isn't worth their time to do
research. That kind of attitude pervades through an organization, and
I'd bet it causes slow updates as well.

The one time I had to deal with them to renew a company domain, I called
them up and said that I wanted it released to Godaddy. They immediately
offered to match Godaddy's renewal price.

Needless to say, I avoid Network Solutions like the plague.

Bill

--

"I've been up and down this highway, far as my eye can see
  No matter how fast I run, I can never seem to get away from me"