Abusive contracts

There is always the options of walking away, modifying the contract
before you sign it, or offering your own contract to be used instead.

The worst thing they can say is no.

Remember as a boss laying me off said: It's not personal, it is just business.

I think I had a terse reply that I won't repeat here.