NAS and media server

I've had some bad experiences with NetGear ReadyNAS hardware - but NetGear themselves were always really good with support and replacing dead drives.

However, in the end we decided that a custom build *nix box to serve NFS did everything we wanted for a NAS, was a bit cheaper and we had more control. Sure if you want to have a GUI and support for TVs / iTunes libs then (which you may for a media centre) an off the shelf NAS could be just the ticket, but I've had my fill of poor GUI design for now :-)

Dan

--
Dan O'Donovan
Sent with Sparrow