Help Desk Software

On 02/26/2011 08:05 AM, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> Thanks Guys.  I guess I should have included more information in my
> original posting.  The organization is structured in a very
> decentralized way.  The United States is broken up into 9 regions
> called Provinces.  Each Province has one IT guy or girl.  Presently we
> don't communicate among one another very much at all.  While I use a
> database I wrote to track change controls, inventory and issues what I
> wrote isn't suitable for group use. =20
>
> I'm trying to organize the first national meeting of our 9 IT people
> and one of the proposed ideas/questions was what people use to track
> their work tickets.  Given some up coming mergers of Provinces I
> thought this might be a good time to consider installing a web based
> ticketing system and letting people use the system voluntarily.  We
> are also exploring a few other open source collaboration programs.
>
> Can anyone suggest any open source change management or collaboration
> tools that might help?
>
> It sounds like RT is the suggested ticketing software.
What do you mean by "open source change management". CVS, SVN, and GIT
are all Open Source tools. More recently GIT seems to be in favor, but
both CVS and SVN are excellent. We had a presentation on RT at the BLU a
number of years ago, and companies were using RT for a number of
different types of things.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846