30% Apple

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:10:36AM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Ned, please reply to the list only. Most decent email programs have
> ReplyList buttons, at least Thunderbird and Claws do.

There are valid reasons to reply to both.  What if the poster is getting
list emails as a digest?  I think digests are stupid, but some people like
them.

Also, some lists allow posts without being subscribed, although I don't
think this one does.

Some list managers also allow things like a "subscribed address" that gets
list email and then "white-listed addresses" that can send to the list, but
don't get list email directly.  I think that's stupid too, but everyone
comes up with their own way of handling the deluge of email.

-ben

--
the older i get, the more life starts to make sense, and the less i care.
                                                                <buck 65>