30% Apple

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Jerry Feldman
>
> David has an iPhone not an Android. I have an AT&T Android. You can
> certainly install any Android app from the Android command line using
> the adb command. The real issue is that you cannot uninstall the AT&T

What happens if you download an apk file directly and try to install it?
For example...
http://android-log-collector.googlecode.com/files/android-log-collector-1.1.
0.apk

My favorite way to do that is to download it in my PC, save into dropbox.
Run it from dropbox on the phone.

I agree it's annoying that you can't uninstall the factory-installed junk.
Some of it you wouldn't WANT to uninstall (lest the phone become unstable)
... But I'm sure I could do without Metro EZ Wifi...  And Boingo... and a
few others.  But all in all, I don't have any real reason to care.