30% Apple

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:51:48AM -0500, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> > From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> > Of David Kramer
> >
> > AT&T modifies
> > their Android phones so you can't install software from anywhere else
>
> What would be the motivation for AT&T to do such a thing?  Does this
> statement warrant a fact-check?

David has an ATT Android phone. He's competent to make such a
proclamation.

Also, it has been widely reported in Engadget, Gizmodo, Ars
Technica, blah, blah, blah.

If you wanted a fact check, why didn't you Google for one?

Relevant terms could be "ATT Android disable sideload"

You would also find that there are several ways around, ranging
in severity from "use the adb dev tool to load via USB" to "root
your Android".

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.