Diagnosing connection issue

That setting already was set to true, but it made no difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Gillen <me-5yx05kfkO/aqeI1yJSURBw at public.gmane.org>
To: discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Sent: Mon, Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm
Subject: Re: Diagnosing connection issue

On 02/21/2011 12:47 PM, edwardp-jjFNsPSvq+iXDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The issue has been resolved by not using Mozilla-derived software on
> both operating systems.

A little late now, but someone earlier pointed out that IPv6 DNS can
cause issues because of incomplete support for it.

With mozilla-based products you can set a configuration parameter (in
firefox, type 'about:config' in the url bar):
 network.dns.disableIPv6

set it to true and see if that fixes the problem for you.  I had to set
that to true a long time ago because one particular site (that I was
taking internet-based training on) was excruciatingly slow (several
minutes to load every page).  After I set that to true, everything was
zippy again.

HTH,
Matt