aureport on fedora 10 64-bit vs 12 64-bit

I have found that if I run, for example, aureport --summary -ts today
-te today on a repeated basis (testing, for example) on an F10 system,
the correct results are repeated.  But, if I try it repeatedly on an
F12 system, the correct results appear to be accurate the first time,
then reset to 0 subsequent times.

Why does F10 remember the summary and F12 appears to clear out the
results after the first run?   Where are the details collected from
and stored?  I presume /var/log/*?  But why does one remember the
settings and the other appear to cache the results?

I'm been trying to learn more about how aureport works.  F10 is great
in actively showing me every change - updated summaries and login
attempts, and it remembers the results every time I request them.
F12 does not seem to capture new login attempts immediately, for
either login query or summary query.   Why is F12 apparently slower or
simply more finicky than F10?

Thanks.

Scott