Tor

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 22:05 -0500, Stephen Adler wrote:
> I just learned about the tor project (www.torproject.org) How widely
> used is this within the Linux/Unix community? Is this something anyone
> on the blu discuss list uses?

I did use tor for a while, it is very good at what it does. It did
however add a lot of time to the delivery of a page, and caused some
pages to not appear at all. It also completely failed when trying to
work within a VPN, which is why I eventually had to drop it.
If you don't care about extra load time, or working within a VPN, then
it works exactly as advertised.
It can also produce interesting results when you visit a page that used
IP based GEOlocation to decide which language it should present you
with :) If you use tor, don't expect everything to still be in English
by default

Richard