Linux for non-CMOV processors

After doing some minor research, CMOV is a conditional move
instruction that includes a conditional branch
after doing a compare concurrent with a move.  This keeps from using
two instructions, a compare then a conditional branch, to perform
the same function.  This grouping is done quite often, so it can speed
up processes where it is used.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/5807/what-is-the-significance-of-the-cmov-cpu-instruction
  Has a reasonable description.

Personally, I don't agree, but no one asked me.  I guess I will be
staying with 10.04LTS for quite a while.

If you want to check your processor, try
       cat /proc/cpuinfo

and check the flags: line for cmov

If it is there, then you get continued support.