Resizing VirtualBox disk

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>> [trouble specifying vdi file names]
>
> I've run into this before. ?This is maddeningly stupid, I know, but if
> you give it full absolute paths to the .vdi files, then that error
> message goes away. ?Moronic, but works.

I've run into this as well recently.  The way it SEEMS to work is that
full paths are used as is.
Relative paths are done not against the processes current working
directory, but instead against

defaultHardDiskFolder="HardDisks"

value from your VirtualBox.xml file (probably in ~/.VirtualBox
directory) which is interpreted relative to that same ~/.VirtualBox
directory.  I think that value used to be VDI rather then HardDisks as
well which can make it even more confusing.

[I'm not 100% sure of the above, but that's my recollection/experience.]

Bill bogstad