VMWare server question staring a VM from the Host OS (Linux) command line

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Feldman [gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org]
>
> My question is how does one start a VM directly from the command line. I
> saw some documentation that referenced vmware-cmd, but we don't have
> that installed.

It may be too late for this, but FWIW, for all the ripping I do on VMWare Server, I still have one system where this is in production.  I was able to look this up today.

You say you don't have vmware-cmd installed, but it's automatically installed with your vmware server installation, so unless you went browsing into the vmware directory after installing and then deleting files in there...  It's there.  And it works.  It's a perl script, but on windows there's a .bat wrapper to launch the perl script.

Here is an example of it working on my windows server:
"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMWare Server\vmware-cmd" "C:\VirtualMachines\MyGuest1\MyGuest1.vmx" start