Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 03:48:10PM -0500, Samuel Baldwin wrote:
> 2011/1/19 Tom Martinson <thomas.s.martinson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
> > I can honestly say I would not purchase another one of these. ?Cool not
> > having letters on the keys, but it is like typing in jello a git. ?I
> > prefer a crisp crack "trigger" feel to my keyboards.
>
> They claim it behaves similarly to the buckling-spring of the Model M;
> not the case?

It is the case for mine.  The clicky version uses the Cherry MX Blue
keyswitches, but they make a "silent" version that uses the Cherry MX Brown
keyswitches, and that one is defintely mushier feeling, although not as bad
as the standard rubber dome PC fare.

A co-worker bought a silent model a few weeks ago, and I don't like the
feel anywhere near as much.  The Blue keyswitches sound/feel just like my
Model M, but require 2/3rds(?) the force to actuate.

-ben

--
if everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
                                                     <mario andretti>