VMWare server question staring a VM from the Host OS (Linux) command line

We are running VMWare server for the time being until we get our
dedicated system. This morning we had trouble bring up the server GUI
requiring us to shutdown all VMs that were running, and simply restart
vmware (service vmware restart).

My question is how does one start a VM directly from the command line. I
saw some documentation that referenced vmware-cmd, but we don't have
that installed.
The issue for us is that we do have one VM that provides some services,
and whoever is using those services has to shut down so we can stop
vmware and restart it which is what I just did. Unfortunately there is a
known bug so we can't use firefox. The website is
https://hostname:8333/ui/. So, even if the UI is not working I'd like to
be able to manually start and stop a VM from the command line.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846