Suggestion for KVM over IP

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Matt Shields
>
> For small networks it may not matter, or it may be trying to keep costs
> down.  But as you get larger you want to keep your remote
> management/access
> network separate from your production traffic.

Why?

I've also heard other admins who separate linux machines from windows
machines, or apple machines, or printers onto separate LANs or VLANs.  I've
never heard one solid reason to care, except...

At a former job, some engineers regularly tested experimental ethernet
equipment, so we had a separate LAN for that.  Whenever some device started
spewing a flood of mac src all 0's and mac dest all 1's...  They only
crashed the isolated lab network.