wireless bridge w/encryption?

yes, it is doable. ... I have that situation myself.  We have a SPRINT
Air Card plugged into
a windows machine in one building, and a small switch we plug a FON
(fon.com) router into.
We use the private SSID (that is also WPA encrypted) down to a Zonet
router configured as
a bridge.  On the back side (ethernet) of that i plugged in a Linksys
router we have been using
for a long time to provide wifi into our house.  The SPRINT signal is
so weak at the house it
doesn't work there at all. ... Also no cable or DSL available out here
in the backwoods of the
sticks where I live.  It's not high speed, but much better than dialup!

Enjoy!

><> ... Jack
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23