So little actual software development in software engineering roles

I remember hearing of some sites that do 'programming for hire'
matchmaking for internet based remote coders.
Lots of the coders are international, and the quality of work varies
depending on the individual programmer, but
they do get 'rated' by customers.  Customer owns the code at the end.

That is one of the few level playing fields I have heard about.  The
problem is some folks in India, China, etc all
are the coding competition and they are working for less /hr than
folks in the US et al can live on.

To bad, I would post some of the site URLs if I could remember them.... Jack