Some gmail questions

For the most part, my gmail account works very nicely, but when I send
email to board-8C+XqryPoUQy59fyxEkMB2D2FQJk+8+b at public.gmane.org, either the email never gets back to
me, but the BUG server logs show it sent to gmail. Or, I get a stupid
header: "X-IMSPAMSPF Sender Fail". BUG uses Ipswitch Imail Server, and I
believe that it is Ipswitch that is adding this into the subject and
inserting the header element:"X-IMAIL-SPAM-SPF: (12dd0139000000b3) SPFFai=
l"

When looking at the header, gmail does insert:

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 96.252.75.141 is neither permitted nor=
 denied by best guess record for domain of Board-owner at bostonusergroups.o=
rg) client-ip=3D96.252.75.141;
75.141 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of=
 Board-owner-8C+XqryPoUQy59fyxEkMB2D2FQJk+8+b at public.gmane.org) smtp.mail=3DBoard-owner at bostonusergrou=
ps.org; dkim=3Dneutral (body hash did not verify) header.i=3D-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org

Because BUG (96.252.75.141).
does not set up an SPF record in their DNS.

One question is gmail configuration.  I would expect to see a lot more
SPAMS in the SPAM folder than I get so it might appear that there may be
a setting on my account to delete SPAMS rather than to send them to a
SPAM folder. On my other gmail account (BLU gapps), I have 53,000
messages in the SPAM folder. So, I think that in some cases gmail is
just discarding emails it classes as SPAM rather than moving the emails
to the SPAM folder. One additional clue is my filter setting for BUG is:
"Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Boston User Groups", Never send it to
Spam"

I just removed the "Never send it to Spam" just to see if I get email
that I send to the board.

The second question is probably more specific to Ipswitch Imail server.
I am 90% certain that the header element and subject insert come from
Imail and are not inserted by Google. If anyone is familiar with the
Ipswitch Imail server, please comment. I'm having a running (friendly)
battle on this with Lee Benjamin.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846