Gmail no longer loads on Firefox

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Edward Ned Harvey <blu-Z8efaSeK1ezqlBn2x/YWAg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
>> Of Bill Bogstad
>>
>> > The problem is google. ?They're simply unreliable. ?Go try it from a
>>
>> You can check on Google's understanding of their status at the web page:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/appsstatus
>>
>> For what it is worth they show no problems for any of their services
>> for the last six days.
>
> It doesn't matter. ?I support google apps at work, and google is constantly
> having "little" problems that they don't know about. ?And if you try calling
> support, they're useless.

That doesn't make that web page useless.   You just have to treat it
as having false negatives.   If they say there are having a problem
then it probably isn't worth your time to investigate if it is a
problem with your setup until they say they aren't having a problem.
If they say everything is fine then you have no evidence either way.
Even with the best pro-active automated monitoring system the most an
"OK" signal can tell you is that the kinds of problems for which tests
have been written aren't occurring.

> It doesn't register on their radar, if it only affects one person, or only
> one thing they do, or something like that.

Did you look at the URL I sent?  It lists the status of 13 Google
services independently.   From previous experience, I can tell you
that they do list problems with services on something more then
an "all or nothing" basis.

Bill Bogstad