Cloning FS

>> I have finished running a test clone of the XP partition
>> using the latest clonezilla live utility to an external USB
>> drive. It created a series of image data files that total
>> just under 7 GB.
> Basically, you can clone a partition to one of equal or larger size.
> But, after you clone, you can resize the filesystem. One of the issues I
> see discussed often is the resizing of partitions or LVM logical drives.
> In both cases you need 2 separate operations. Some tools do both.  In
> Linux, you can use things like resize2fs to resize a Linux ext2/3
> filesystem.
Thanks Jerry. I hadn't thought of resizing after the system
is in place. I usually use gparted for my resizing which I'm
sure is just a wrapper around the usual file system tools.
If the clone of xp works I will then remove all the
thinkvantage tools and will be able to shrink that much
smaller than it is now.

Fedora will be easier to do. We'll see anyway.

Jim K-R