replacing a motherboard

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Mark J Dulcey
>
> Windows WILL complain about being on a different motherboard and will
> need to be reactivated.

If you say so.
But I know I've swapped an awful lot of motherboards with OEM windows, and
found that only sometimes does it need to be reactivated.  That could easily
be explained if, for example, you're swapping a dell motherboard with
another dell motherboard, and you're running a dell oem windows...  But I've
certainly done dell oem windows on non-dell hardware, and vice versa.

> They generally
> ARE willing to buy reasonable stories, so you shouldn't have too much
> trouble getting them to cooperate.

At least we're agreed on this.