Red Hat's response to my system-config-samba rhel6 issue

Hmm I don't think that was the right interview that had a more detailed
description of what systemd is and how it works.  I can't remember where I
heard it now.  But it basically opens up all the sockets first and then can
start up everything really quickly.  The kernel sockets will buffer any
messages to the system sockets and play them back to the service once they
are up and running.  The interview that I heard that went into more detail
also talked about the types of problems this solves when dealing with
service dependencies and such and how it compares to Upstart and Initd.  If
I remember where that interview was I'll post it.
--
David