Job posting for a sysadmin at Red Hat

?(Although I obviously still gave him a tech interview, as we
do with all candidates.)? Have not been disppointed in him either, by
the way, after several months on the job now.

I have been out of the?tech industry?for about 4 years due to work-related
injury.? I am in the process of attempting to get my feet wet again.? And, of
couse, I took that time off to see if I wanted to continue in the tech field.?
Or, change careers to do something, community wise.?

?
Anyhoo, what would be some tech interview questions and answers.? I guess if I'm
going to continue with this career, I should update my knowledge base,
AGAIN....lol
?
Thanks for any and all input.
?
Antoinette
?
?
?
On 12/10/2010 11:44 AM, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> The certification does show one thing;? that the certificate holder is
> motivated enough to sit down, study something and go through the
> certification process.? While the certificate itself does not speak much to
> the technical capabilities of the person who is certified, their ability to
> complete the process shows motivation and perhaps even determination.

Agreed.? I recently hired a sysadmin in large part for this very reason.
? He wasn't a sysadmin by training, but had clearly spent a lot of time
and effort learning Unix admin on his own time and had capped it off by
earning his RHEL certification (again on his own time - and dime - his
employer was not giving him time or $ for this).? His initiative really
impressed me, and the fact that he had learned it well enough to pass
RHEL certification gave me pretty high confidence that he knew what he
was doing.? (Although I obviously still gave him a tech interview, as we
do with all candidates.)? Have not been disppointed in him either, by
the way, after several months on the job now.

DR