Job posting for a sysadmin at Red Hat

Hi

I agree that "to complete the process shows motivation and perhaps even
determination"
thus a key point. I would also add that the certification is proof that
the individual
has been exposed to a specific knowledge domain (how ever limited that
may be).

One must recognize that qualifying for a "certification" is at least a
start but (perhaps) not very high
on the ladder...

We must recognize that Jerry Feldman "is about 25 rungs up on the ladder"
in terms of expertise, thus is not a fair critique of a certificate
resume entry...

-pc