PHPBB3

I am having some difficulty installing phpbb3. Essentially, the only
database that is recognized is postgresql even though I have sqlite
installed, but not the module. In any case, woith postgresql I have
successfully created a database, phpbb3, and I can run other psql
commands on it logged in as the postgresql user. But, when I enter the
Install tab on phpbb3, I enter localhost as the Database Server name (or
the actual server URL where I am installing phpbb3), phpbb3 as the
database name, in this specific case postgres and the user name, and the
postgres user's password, although this will change in the future, the
issue now is I want to get this up and running quickly.

The message I get back is:
**Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
No error message given.

Most of the time, I am *running on another server on our cluster, but I
have even tried running firefox on the same host. While I have not
double checked, I do not have SELinux or IPtables running. Any clues.
*

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846