Technological Deconstructionism

I wouldn't over-think this one.  It is simply an error
in management, based upon the lack of understanding of
quality, and an all-too-familiar willingness to embrace
vaporware as a mature product.

This isn't a "technology" problem, it is a "decision
making", a "process" problem.

The answer: Deming style quality.

Gather requirements, do it right the first time, and
continuously improve.

It sounds amazingly simple and boring. But there is an
entire science behind it; the science of good decision
making, the science of productivity.

It isn't sexy.   It isn't always quick.

If management listens to an 18 or 20 year old kid, and
bets the future of the company on some slick new tool,
or language, and they bet wrong, the market will punish
them for their incorrect decision.   The natural
evolution of bad process is bankrupcy.

Our job is to find the managers who understand this, or
coach the ones that are coach-able.    Or be the ones that
can do it.

In my experience, managers think they understand quality,
but most are faking it.

The concepts seem so trivial, they they can't believe
there's much to it.  They think it is "common sense".

Once in a while, someone guesses, and guesses correctly.

It does not logically follow that "guessing" is a proper
methodology.

Thanks,
Jim Gasek