rhel 6 fustrations...

On Dec 2, 2010, at 4:44 PM, Stephen Adler wrote:

> On 12/02/2010 04:20 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> FWIW, in trying to find an answer for the OP, I found a broken reference in the release notes:
>>>
>>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Release_Notes/index.html
>>>
>>> Section 14.1 (Samba) is brokenly references to http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-Samba.html
>> D'oh, fail. I've pinged someone internally about fixing it.
>>
>> Thanks much,
>>
> Hi Jerod, since you're "on the inside" is the dropping of the samba
> config tool because its not considered to be part of the desktop
> product? The underlying server packages are provided so removing the
> configuraiton tool is odd.

Its not in the Server variant, or any variant, so far as I can tell.
Its been dropped entirely. I don't have a clue why though, its well
outside the area I work in. :)

> Also, for some reason the sound card, which was supported under rhel5,
> is not supported under rhel6... I guess I should open a bug report on it?...
>
> lspci for the sound card under 2.6.32 gives...
>
> 01:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)

Yeah, please do open a bug. File it against component kernel, and
make sure to note that its a regression from RHEL5. (Now the kernel
area I do know quite well... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org