firewall hell...

Good observation Matt. The host or server is my desktop in my office
which has my home directory. The client is my gateway server in my
basement. My desktop is running fedora 14, my gateway server in the
basement is running red hat enterprise linux 5. So it could be that the
client, in this case my server in the basement, is trying to mount my
home directory using nfs3? uggg...