NoMachine and Neatx

On Nov 8, 2010, at 8:12 PM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> I'll agree that NX is excellent, however, don't be fooled into thinking it's
> free.  There is a free server (as mentioned) which I haven't tried... But
> there is no free client.  Even if you go to nomachine's website, and

There are several open source NX clients in various states of development.

> download their "free" client, if you read the license terms, it's only free
> for a single computer, for personal use.  If you want to do anything more
> than that, you can't use the client for free.  (But it is honor system as
> far as I know.)

That's not what the license says:

1. Licensee

"Licensee" is the person, company or entity who uses this NX Product.
The Licensee must accept and agree to this Agreement before installing
or using the NX Product.

2. License of NoMachine NX Product

Subject to the other provisions of this Agreement, NoMachine grants to
Licensee a nonexclusive, nontransferable license ("the License") to use
the NX Product on a single computer system. Additionally, this product
may be installed on more than one computer system in a non-commercial
setting. Rights to NoMachine not expressly granted to Licensee in this
Agreement are reserved by NoMachine.

http://www.nomachine.com/licensing.html

--Rich P.