Ubuntu problem with time change?

On 11/08/2010 09:38 AM, Matt Brodeur wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 07:41:10AM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>> The fall time change is interesting because it repeats an hour. This is
>> why Unix chose to work with GMT originally. If an application decides to
>> use local time, it could do strange things for that hour.
> And the spring time change skips an hour, which can be equally
> "interesting".  Of note, cron will happily run the same jobs twice on
> fall-back day if you happen to think 01:30 is a fine time to schedule
> something.  It can get messy if, for example, that's a convenient time
> to run backups.
>
> Not that I learned that the hard way...
Back to Ed's original post. I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed on my netbook
which was hibernating all weekend. After opening it up this morning with
an uptime of 4 days, the time displayed was correct. On this system I do
have it set to local time because it dual boots with Windows 7.
Additionally, I'm sure I have NTP running as I do on most of my systems.

Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846